Netlytic (www.netlytic.org) is a community-supported text and social networks analyzer that can automatically summarize and discover social networks from online conversations on social media sites. It is made by researchers for researchers, no programming/API skills required.
With Netlytic you can:
- capture data from social media sites (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, RSS Feed & text/csv file)
- Discover popular topics
- Find & explore emerging themes of discussions
- Build, visualize and analyze online social networks using social network analysis
- Map geo-coded social media data
Netlytic offers a user friendly way to explore and visualize publicly available data from several social media platforms. Each data source differs slightly with regards to the request frequency and how many records will be collected by the importer. For tips, importing and visualization instructions check out our tutorials page.
- Twitter requires to link your Twitter account to use this importer. This importer uses the Twitter REST API v1.1 search/tweets endpoint.
- This returns a collection of relevant Tweets matching a specified query.
- Please note that Twitter's search service and, by extension, the Search API is not meant to be an exhaustive source of Tweets. Not all Tweets will be indexed or made available via the search interface.
- Twitter API rate limit allows about 10 active collectors per user.
- Typically tweets older than a week will not be returned.
Documentation Guide: Data Source: Twitter
- Facebook does not require to link your Facebook account to use this importer.
- This importer uses the Facebook Graph API v2.2
- This returns posts and replies from public Facebook groups, pages, events, or profiles.
- It returns up to 100 top level posts to/from a page, as well as up to 25 replies per post.
- Replies to replies are not included.
- Instagram requires to link your Instagram account to use this importer.
- This importer uses one of the following Instagram API v1 endpoints, depending on the query type:
- /tags/tag-name/media/recent Get a list of recently tagged media. Note that this media is ordered by when the media was tagged with this tag, rather than the order it was posted.
- /media/search Search for media in a given area (5km radius). The time span is set to 5 days.
- Please note: Instagram may return return publicly shared photos from users with otherwise private profiles. See Documentation.
- You can use Netlytic to analyze the comments found on youtube video pages. Analysis of the video content is not available.
- Youtube does not require to link your Youtube account to use this importer.
- This importer uses the YouTube Data video comments feed API v2.0
- This option allows you to import messages from a text or CSV file by uploading files to Netlytic.
- If your dataset includes more than one text file, you will need to upload and import one file at the time..
- Acceptable formats:.
- 1) CSV file (delimiter = a comma; enclosure = a double quotation mark; escape = a backslash). The first line should include columns' names.
- 2) Full-text transcript with the headers:
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 14:10:17 -0400
Subject: Origin of the term "Internet" ?
I would prefer to not have to do it, but each time I try to submit a course paper without it capitalized, I get the paper back marked up by the professors, telling me it is capital I- internet.
We are committed to maintain free access to this service for Tier 1 & 2 accounts.
However, collecting and analyzing millions of data points from social media require a lot of computing power. To make sure that we have enough “juice” to keep Netlytic running smoothly, we rely on a commercial web hosting company to run this tool. If you like Netlytic, please support hosting of this project by upgrading to “Tier 3?.
Below is more information about each Tier.
|This is a default tier||Request a free upgrade by logging in to your account and clicking on the "My Account" page|
|Max # of Datasets||3||5||300|
|Max # of Records/Dataset||2500||10000||100000
|Great for exploring what Netlytic can do!||Great for smaller projects and class assignments!||Great for larger research projects and brand management tasks!|
Note: For larger datasets (>100,000 records per dataset), a dedicated solution might be required. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org