Creator and Developer: Dr. Anatoliy Gruzd, Canada
Please read this agreement carefully. Your use of any service made available through Netlytic (the Service) indicates that You accept the following terms and conditions. If You do not agree to these terms and conditions, You may not use the Service.
1. You agree to cite the following reference in your presentations and publications:
Gruzd, A. (2020). Netlytic: Software for Automated Text and Social Network Analysis. Available at https://Netlytic.org
2. Use of Service You may submit information to Netlytic, which will be used to run a designated program, generate results, and provide the results to You, over the World Wide Web. You may use the results for research and academic research use. You agree not to imply that the results have any warranty or endorsement from Anatoliy Gruzd (Developer). You agree not to send automated queries of any sort to Netlytic.
You are solely responsible to make certain that you hold all licenses and permission to locate, retrieve, manipulate or use any information/data that you submit to Netlytic. Furthermore, You represent that the information/data You submit does not violate a privacy, publicity or moral right, or disclose personal, government, business or other information without permission. For quality control and other purposes, Netlytic may collect usage statistics and monitor your use of the Service and transmission of information/data through it to help improve services and features of Netlytic. None of the personal information (mandatory and optional) that you submit to Netlytic will be provided to any third party. However, the user is warned that the Developer cannot fully guarantee the safety of these data. The Developer is not responsible for any third party seeing or obtaining information/data or results transmitted through the Service.
As a Netlytic user, it is your responsibility to (1) respect social media sites’ terms of service (e.g., it is generally not permitted to re-publish data from social media) and (2) consider ethical implications of using social media data for research (see, for example, “Ethical Decision-Making and Internet Research” prepared by the Association of Internet Researchers and available at http://aoir.org/reports/ethics2.pdf ).
3. Third-Party Services
Netlytic uses third-party services to support some of its features, including:
- Google OpenID for “Sign-in with Google”;
- Yahoo OpenID for “Sign-in with Yahoo”;
- Google Charts for data visualization;
- Google Drive/Sheets/Docs to support data import from Google Drive;
- YouTube for retrieval of YouTube’s public comments;
- Twitter for retrieval of Twitter’s public posts;
4. Term and Termination The term of this Agreement will begin when You first use the Service, and will end the earliest of when you stop using the Service by deleting your account (via My Accounts menu or via email request to firstname.lastname@example.org). The Developer may terminate your use of the Service at any time and for any reason.
5. Warranty Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SERVICE.
You are solely responsible for determining the appropriateness of this Service for your purpose, and assume all risks associated with its use, including risks connected with your submission of information. The risks You assume include, but are not limited to, the risks of program errors; damage to or loss of information, programs or equipment; and unavailability or interruption of operations. The Developer is not responsible for the accuracy, completeness, timeliness, reliability, content or availability of the Service or results from it.
Netlytic may provide information from and links to other sites or resources. You acknowledge that we are not responsible for the availability of such external resources, and do not endorse and are not liable for any content, products, services or other materials on or available from such resources. Any dealings by you with any third party on or through Netlytic shall be solely between you and that third party and we shall not be responsible for any loss or damage that may arise from any such dealings.
You agree to indemnify and hold the Developer harmless from all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, incurred by the Developer as a result of any claim, proceeding or judgment arising out of Your use of the Service or the results.
This Agreement is the only agreement we have regarding your use of the Service. It replaces all other communications and agreements we may have had prior to this Agreement. The Developer may modify this Agreement at any time by posting a new agreement with the Service. If You do not accept the modification, You must promptly stop using the Service. By continuing to use the Service, You accept the modification.
This document was last updated on May 21, 2018.