1. We may collect personal and activity data, which may be linked: We use technologies like cookies (small files stored on your browser) to identify your computer or device for authentication and security purposes and so we can deliver a better usability experience. Our system also log information like your browser, operating system and IP address. We may also collect personally identifiable information that you provide to us, such as your name, affiliation, or email address.
We do not knowingly contact or collect personal information from children under 13. If you believe we have inadvertently collected such information, please contact us so we can promptly obtain parental consent or remove the information.
Our service does not currently recognize the “Do Not Track” signal that may be available in some web browsers.
2. Third-Party Services: If authorized by you, we may also access profile and other information from services like Google and Twitter. For example, if you choose to analyze data that is stored as a Google Sheet in your Google Drive, Netlytic will request your permission to access and present you with the list of available files in your Google drive, so that you can select the file that you wish to import into Netlytic for further analysis (Note: except the file that was selected for the analysis by you, no other files will be retrieved from your Google Drive without your permission).
If you choose to collect publicly available data from sites like Twitter, Netlytic will ask for your consent to link your existing account(s) on Twitter to enable such data collection; in such case, Netlytic will store application access keys, generated automatically by the service provider like Twitter.
Our system may associate this personal information with your activities in the course of providing service to you. For example, if you are using the “Sign in with Google” option to access the system, your email address will be stored and used as a unique identifier in Netlytic.
Third-party services integrated with Netlytic are subject to their own privacy policies and settings, such as:
To revoke access to your third-party account, you can use one of the following links:
- Google: https://myaccount.google.com/permissions
- Yahoo: https://login.yahoo.com/account/activity?src=noSrc
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/settings/applications
- The use of SparkPost is required to receive system-wide email notices; however, you can opt-in/out to receive non-critical emails under “My Account” in Netlytic.
Please note that if you rely on a third-party service (like Google or Yahoo) to sign in to your Netlytic account, by revoking access to that account you will not be able to login to your Netlytic account any longer.
3. You can request to see or delete your personal data: You can sign into your account to see or delete any personally identifiable information we have stored, such as your name, address, email or phone number. You can also contact us by email to request to see or delete this information.
4. We keep personal data until you delete it: We remove personally identifiable information (such as your name, affiliation, or email) and other preferences associated with your account promptly after you delete your account. We may retain other data indefinitely.
5. We don’t share your personal data with other companies: We do not share personally identifiable information (such as name, affiliation, email, or data in your account) with other companies.
6. No ad companies collect data through our service: We do not allow advertising companies to collect data through our service for ad targeting.
7. We take detailed steps to protect personal information: We take reasonable administrative, physical and electronic measures designed to safeguard and protect your information from unauthorized access or disclosure. This includes utilizing Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts the personal information you input, and storing your information in encrypted form behind a firewall designed to block access from outside our network. However, no security or encryption method can be guaranteed to protect information from hackers or human error.
Information we collect is generally only stored or processed on computers located in Canada.
8. Special situations may require disclosure of your data: To operate the service, we also may make identifiable and anonymous information available to third parties in these limited circumstances: (1) with your express consent, (2) when we have a good faith belief it is required by law, (3) when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to protect our rights or property, or (4) to any successor or purchaser in a merger, acquisition, liquidation, dissolution or sale of assets. Your consent will not be required for disclosure in these cases, but we will attempt to notify you, to the extent permitted by law to do so.
9. General Data Protection Regulation: This section is for our users who are located in European Economic Area or otherwise subject to GDPR. Under GDPR, Netlytic is a Data Processor of Content generated, published or shared via social media. We process this Content in accordance with the directions of our users. Because our users control how this Content is collected and used by them, they are the Controllers of the Content and are responsible for complying with applicable privacy and data protection regulations such as GDPR.
10. You can ask privacy questions: If you have any questions or concerns about our privacy policies, please contact us: